On July 20 & 21, four members of the BEATS team were invited to give talks at the International Nathiagali Summer College (INSC) on Physics and Contemporary Needs in Pakistan.
The college opened with a session dedicated to applications of synchrotron radiation, featuring a section dedicated to building the user community for BEATS.
With Covid-19 restrictions still in place globally, the college was held online through a series of webinars over the course of one week.
On the agenda:
- The BEATS tomography beamline project: structure and spirit, by Axel Kaprolat (Project coordinator; ESRF, France).
- BEATS and the phase 1 beamlines of SESAME, by Andrea Lausi (Beamline assembly and commissioning; SESAME, Jordan).
- BEATS tomography beamline: design, construction, operation and possibilities, by Gianluca Iori (Beamline infrastructure, procurement and construction; SESAME, Jordan).
- SR-microCT (SXCT) at BEATS tomography beamline: science applications and how you can become a future user, by Kirsi Lorentz (BEATS user community building; The Cyprus Institute, Cyprus).
If you missed the talks, or want to watch them again, please use the links above.
More events on the topic of “Building the BEATS User Community” are scheduled in the coming months.
- 16-17 Sept 2020 Interactive Webinar BEATS User Community Building: Iran
- 7-8 Oct 2020 Interactive Webinar BEATS User Community Building: Pakistan
- 11-12 Nov 2020 Interactive Webinar BEATS User Community Building: Turkey
- 2021/2022: Israel, Egypt, Palestine
Follow us on twitter for information on how to join these webinars and to stay up to date with our news and actions.